What is a EuroCanals eGuide?
The term eGuide means it is an electronic document, in PDF* format, intended for viewing and saving in a desktop or laptop computer, tablet or smartphone. View a free sample eGuide now.
*PDF - Portable Document Format is an internet standard for documents which can be viewed on any computer, tablet or smartphone; Windows or Mac, iOS or Android. Modern web browsers will download the pdf file and display it, however it must then be saved for later use in an application such as Adobe Reader.
When will my book arrive?
You will not receive a printed book; if you do prefer a book, please go to: EuroCanals Guides - Books
What are the advantages of an eGuide over a printed book?
• Convenience: The guides are intended for those readers who will travel the waterways of Europe at the helm of their own vessel; nearly everyone will travel with a laptop computer, a tablet or a smartphone. The e-book can be installed in memory and opened at any time, thus no there is no extra weight, bulk or inconvenience. And you don't need to prop the book open with a stone or a clip to view it at the helm.
• Search function: The guides are in PDF format; Adobe Reader allows the user to search throughout the document for a specific word, showing every page which includes the searched word.
• Zoom function: The page can be enlarged for better viewing, especially important with maps. A full-screen option is available.
• Internet Links: There are links thoughout the e-guide to the websites of marinas, boatyards, charter operators and government or waterway authorities. These are active links, just click to go there.
• Large Photos: Many photos in the guides are full-page and are an excellent way to enjoy the scenes along the waterways and to see small but important details regarding locks, moorings and navigational features.
• Printing of individual pages: A single page or a group of pages can be printed from the computer if desired, for instance maps or data tables.
How do I download an eGuide?
If you are using an iPad, please Read This First: Downloading to iPad
If you are using a laptop or desktop computer, please Read This First: Downloading to a computer
All EuroCanals eGuides are shown at EuroCanals Guides Online Library; scroll through the images and then click on the desired eGuide. A new window will open describing that eGuide; if you wish to proceed, click on the Buy Now button. You will be taken to the online payment processor PayPal. You can pay with a credit card or your PayPal account. You do not need to sign up for a PayPal account; just click on "Pay with a debit or credit card", then select your home country.
IMPORTANT: After completing the payment, please WAIT (up to 60 seconds) to be automatically redirected to the "Download" page for your selected eGuide. DO NOT use your Back button.
Then please take a minute to READ that page which describes the 3 easy steps: CLICK - WAIT - SAVE
Step 1 - CLICK on the "Download Now" button; the PDF file will begin to download in a new browser window.
Step 2 - WAIT - Please be patient, depending on your internet connection it will take some time for the file to download and the screen may be blank. Watch the blue progress bar.
Step 3 - DOWNLOAD/SAVE the file, to a place on your computer where you can find it. If you are not sure how to Download or Save, see the links above “Downloading to …
Can I download into an Amazon Kindle?
The Amazon Kindle User Guide includes this section: "Downloading files: Some websites may have books or documents that you want to download and read on your Kindle. You will be asked to confirm if you want to download these items to your Kindle Home screen. Supported file types for download include Kindle content (.AZW, .AZW1, .AZW2, and .AZW3), unprotected Mobipocket books (.MOBI, .PRC), and text files (.TXT)." This statement does not include PDF documents; also, many Kindle readers will not display colors, essential for reading the EuroCanals eGuides. There are Kindle versions of each EuroCanals book available on Amazon.com; search for "eurocanals".
Please Note: the EuroCanals Guides are cruising guides, not navigational charts. They are intended to be used for planning a cruise: they show where you can go and why you might want to go there, with data tables of distances and restrictive dimensions along each waterway. The guides can be used to calculate daily travel estimates. Sources for printed and digital waterway navigation charts are included in the guides.
More questions? For assistance please send us a message